Friday, August 8, 2008

Well it’s Friday again. Seems like the weekends come and go and there is really nothing to get excited about. I have been working non stop since June and I have only had 1 day off. It is not big deal because my weekend job is not hard, but I miss sitting with the kids and just playing. Monday – Thursday we are scrambling to get dinner on the table, kids in the baths, and bedtime rituals done. Am I going to wake up one day and regret all of the lost time? I hope not. What has this world come to that we have to have not a 1, not a 2 or ever a 3, but a 4 job family? I can not wait for winter. Not because I love the cold, I actually hate it, but I know in the winter the daycare cost goes down and my time with the kids increases. We love to snuggle on the couch on a cold winter day. All winter I complain that it is too cold, and all summer I complain that it is too hot. I guess I need to stop thinking about the temperature outside and start thinking about the quality time with my kids that I can never get back. Sean is almost 7 months old, Becca is starting 1st grade and little Kevin will be having his kindergarten assessment before we know it. I can still vividly remember the day I found out I was pregnant with Becca. I remember calling Candice and making her come with me to buy the 5th pregnancy test. Yes, I was not convinced by the first 4! Then I called my Dr and insisted that they do a test in the office. How can I remember that so vividly but I can not remember what I had for lunch yesterday? I think it is important to not look back and say I should have done this, or I should have done that! I do not want any regrets, so from this point forward I promise myself and my kids that I am going to play, play, play. I work hard enough, I deserve the time to play with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your right,time flys by so fast,so take the time to enjoy your family
Because before you know it they are all grown up & so take the time now as you said "PLAY"& enjoy them,Love,Hugs & Kisses for all !

Anonymous said...

yes, the work-life balance is very hard to achieve. but I think it is much more about awareness and consciously choosing to slow down occasionally to enjoy the moment. soak it up, laugh at a 2yr old telling you how he rode the "alligator (elevator) and got to push its blue buttons", enjoy fixing hair and dressing the dolls, and picking dandelions... you are wise beyond your years to see that now and start now. AND DON'T STRESS OVER WHAT YOU MUST DO, focus on what choices you make when you get to choose.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a working Mom of three beautiful children. I am originally from NYC so in order to keep my family up to date on our lives I created this blog.