I just got screwed. I went to take money out of the ATM so I could buy lunch and pay my daycare provider. I went to one bank, ATM down, another ATM down, so on my 3rd attempt at a bank that is not my own I was in luck. Or so I thought. I took the amount I needed out (which was a large sum for me) and waited, and waited, and waited...... No money came out. My receipt came out, they took the money from my account but no $. The screen did say Malfunction but my receipt gave no indication that my $$ did not disperse. I went into the bank and talked to a teller who said there was nothing he could do. I went on to talk to a manager and he again stated that they have no proof that I did not get the money and said the machine would be reconciled on Monday and I could dispute it with my bank. I called my bank and put through the dispute. They are hoping to give me my funds back today on a provisional basis. Basically if on Monday FIRST COMMUNITY CU, says that their ATM was not over funded then I am SOL and I owe my bank back the money. I am livid, I am crying, I am devastated. What if 2 seconds after I drove away from the ATM someone drove up behind me and took out, lets say $20, then they hit the jackpot when my $$ came out with it. OK maybe that did not happen, but basically it is my word against the banks. I am hoping and praying that the person who is charge of reconciling the machine is honest and this is all solved by Monday. If not I am not sure what I can do or how I am going to handle this. I am literally on the verge of a breakdown now over this. I am amazed that I made it back to work without having a major blow out up at the bank.
3 comments:
I pray that all of this will work out for you,Be strong & Pray that
God will get you through this to &
He will help you to be strong,I am
Praying for you,Love,Hugs & Kisses
for you all,See you Thanksgiving Day !
You have them pull the security tapes to see if you took any money, that will show that you are right!! Just calm down, think clearly, and all will work out for the good!!
I would have been soo mad too..Whatever became of the situation?
Post a Comment