Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Taking a lot for granted

Well I have been home sick since Sunday and feeling pretty lousy but I realize by sitting here how lucky I am. I have been watching a lot of the coverage from 9/11 and thinking about how that day changed so many lives forever. So many innocent people lost their lives and so many mothers, fathers, daughters, sons etc. lost their loved ones. September 11th is a day that no one will forget and I have done my best in explaining the events of that day to my children. Unfortunately dear friends of mine have a new meaning of that day. It was the day that they lost their Mother, wife, grandma, friend and so much more. On September 11th my dear friend Jennifer lost her mother in law to a short but horrific battle with Ovarian Cancer. She has to stand by and try to comfort her husband who lost his mother way too young. I spoke with Jennifer today for the first time since Denise passed away last Friday. She is the one that is always upbeat and tries to see the good side of anything. If she can she will fix it. It breaks my heart because she can't fix this. Her husband lost his mother, her children lost their grandma and her father in law lost his life partner. How does one explain why these things happen? I guess the phrase the good die young is true. Denise was such a wonderful person. Although I only met her a hand full of times she touched me. I think maybe because to me Jennifer is like a sister it hurts that much more. Jennifer, Aaron, Mackenzie, Turner, Austin and Harold I hope that with time you will feel peace that Denise is no longer in pain but I know life will Never be the same for you.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a working Mom of three beautiful children. I am originally from NYC so in order to keep my family up to date on our lives I created this blog.