


This has been a rough couple of months for us. I am still mourning the passing of Grandpa and unfortunately we are still dealing with loss. Last week Kevin's brother passed away and today my Step Mom's dad passed away. I only met Kevin's brother a few times and was saddened by the loss but my children were spared heartache since they really did not know him well. The passing of Pop Pop is difficult. My children do not know life before Pop Pop Schubert. He has been in our lives since before they were born and we adopted him, just as I believe he adopted us. You can never have too many Grandparents. I know this is such a difficult time for Felicia, her sisters and her Mom. My heart aches for them. I still feel such pain from Grandpa and now this.
On a lighter note, Sean is a climber! It started a few weeks ago. Kevin was busy cleaning and Sean was in his pack n play in the next room. Now get ready for this visual: Kevin cleaning, paying no attention to anything around him, Sean is in nylon running type pants. All of a sudden Kevin hears the sound of little feet hurrying across the floor followed by the Swoosh, Swoosh of his pants rubbing together. The a "HI DADDA" from Sean. Gave Kevin a near heart attack, then he realized he was in deep SH**, LOL. Life as we know it is changing forever. So up until yesterday he was not attempting to climb out of his crib, just the pack n play. No biggie, we figured we got way too much use out the Pack N Play anyway. Every night I have been laying with him in Becca's bed and trying to get him used to a big boy bed and then I put him in the crib and he goes to sleep. This morning I greeted him in his room but left him in the crib to go get ready for work. Becca was laying on my bed reading. All of sudden, here is Sean, "HI MOM" (Yes, as sad as it is, he calls me Mom, not Mama :( )
I got upset with Becca and said, "why did you take him out of his crib?" she looked at me dumbfounded. He climbed out, and he was very proud of himself! UGHHHH WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW???? Bedtime is going to be hellish.

No comments:
Post a Comment