Thursday, February 5, 2009

Angels among us???

I think I have a guardian angel...............


I went home early yesterday because I felt like crap. I had the scare of my life on the way home. I was driving home minding my own business and some idiot decided he was going to get over into my lane. It happened so fast I could not move over and he hit my front bumper. I skid across 3 lanes of traffic and saw the median coming up so I over corrected and ended up spinning and came to a stop in the middle lane facing oncoming traffic. A tractor trailer was coming right at me. By some miracle he was able to slow down and move over. Thankfully since it was only 3:30 there were not too many cars on the road. I pulled over to the shoulder and just started crying. I was so shaken up. It is moments like this when you realize how bad things could have been if it was later and during rush hour, or someone hit me. Thankfully I was only shook up and not hurt.

Now I know I have been MIA for a while. I have had a lot going on and feel like I am just now catching up. The kids are all doing well. Becca is an exceptional reader and writer but we are working on Math. Kevin will be getting registered for Kindergarten soon and something tells me he will be my MATH child. He also wants to learn Spanish so he watches all of his movies in Spanish on TV (LOL). I can not wait until he calls uncle Eddie and starts speaking to him in Spanish. It may be all words from Swan Lake or Beauty and the Beast, but hey it will be spanish.
Sean is still not walking but I keep catching him standing up not holding onto anything. He cracks me up because now I think it is pure laziness.

So nothing too major going on in our lives which is great considering the crazy January I had. Saturday I am planning to go to Jennifer's house for lunch and she is making a ham, my favorite. She is the best! We have so much catching up to do and it seems like forever since the kids have really had a chance to play. I bet Austin is going to look huge next to my little runt Sean. I will be sure to get some pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you know we all have Angels around us,I really belive this,Glad you are alright & Thanks for the update,Have a good time Saturday at Jens,Hope the kids have a good time too,Love,Hugs & Kisses for all !Things are the same here.

Jennifer L said...

I can't wait to catch up!! It is supposed to be like 60 degrees outside, so we will let the kids jump to their hearts content - and then they'll be wiped out and go to bed like angels for us at night right??!! I'm so glad that you had your angels with you the other day - what a blessing. I don't know what I would do without you.

Becky M. said...

OH my!!!! how scarey, glad to hear you are okay...
Hey thanks about the tip about the Magic House!
And Sean still has time to catch up, Leah will only take steps in the evening and does NOT take steps at all during the day, we have to coax her to do any of them! i believe it is pure laziness for her too :) so as far as actually walking regularly, i can see it being awhile! awww.. Kindergarten! I keep looking at the lists of all the stuff Jacob still needs to learn before then, its overwhelming!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I am a working Mom of three beautiful children. I am originally from NYC so in order to keep my family up to date on our lives I created this blog.